Monday, April 18, 2011

Day one April 18



Yes, that WAS as good as it looks. The funny thing is that I really could have scrounged up enough money to get a Belt at Tim Hortons, but didn't. I could have set up another tab with the cafeteria lady, but didn't. I dunno why I didn't perhaps it was fate helping me keep to my diet today. Whatever else it was, it was also delicious.

Breakfast: coffee, 6 almonds, 6 prunes

Snack: that awesome bowl of unified fateful fruit seen above.

Lunch: tuna (no salad) almonds, prunes. Water to drink.

Dinner: meat casserole; ground beef, veggies (a lot of veggies) with some spagetti sauce and a few crumbles of cheese.

I did this very simple workout for four rounds

20 BW squats
20 push ups, feet level
20 lunges
10 knee to chest while on chin up bar
20 kettlebell swings to catch to two handed press

after this, I rolled on my ITB bands, my quads ... legs were rolled all over. Man, they were just balls of hurt.

So, I was working on building this blog today. I found a few videos ... I posted one on the other blog, for example. I did look around for the Paleo Soltion by Robb Wolf ... it's at the local Chapters. I'm thinking I'll pick it up on the way home tomorrow. I'm kind of concerned that I could only find the dead tree version, but alas, that is what I could find.

I did also find Robb Wolf on Facebook, but he as too many friends. I did go down his wall and read a few of the links posted there and also was kind of please to discover that we share 51 friends. I'm kind of proud of that ... ;)

I also did a #Paleo search on twitter. Yes, I did write that, really. For a research project like this, it is sometimes useful to gather as much information and opinion on an idea as possible. Twitter does that really really easily. I took a few minutes ... minutes .... and got a few ideas about how to eat Paleo ... not the least of which was "work the edges" - that is, when going ot a grocery store, don't shop in the middle of the store. Instead, work the outside aisle of the store. I'd not heard it put that way, but I know what the idea means. Go to your local store and see for yourself.

In any case, the last thing I did before going to bed was to watch this TED talk about the discovery and use of cooking. It did sound kind of lame, but he does make a compelling case for the importance of cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment